Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Weeked Misc

Have you hugged your veteran yet? Don't forget the real spirit of the "holiday" and say thanks to our military AND their families!
Are you doing anything fun this holiday; camping, fishing, getting those household projects checked off of the honey-do list, or just grilling with good friends? We have been busy building new shelves for our pantry. We were out of the house early this AM to take advantage of some really good deals and John came along for the first time to see just how true couponing is done. Albertsons was having double coupons again today so we hit them up first thing and then ran to Walgreens to pick up all the FREE products that were out in the new ad today and gain those register rewards. Proud to say that I saved 78% on my shopping today with coupons! Was glad to have my husband come along to help sort out all of the coupons, keep track of the calculations for each trip and see what it is I have been doing while he is away in the oilfield at work for three weeks at a time! (Boy was he surprised to come home and see the growth in our pantry!)
So after putting away all our stock and sorting through the receipts, it was time to get into contest mode and film my cheesecake entry for the Real Women of Philadelphia dessert contest. (Please Paula, pick my recipe!) John and his coworkers really enjoy the cheesecake creations I come up with, so I am happy to enter a contest to try to win $25,000.00!  I must say I have never had stage fright so badly and in my own home in front of John too! (Ugh!) Several takes later I have a video presentation to submit, mini cheesecakes for the freezer and I hope the winning recipe! :)
While the cheesecakes were baking and cooling John and I were at a filming standstill so he decided to take me for a spin in our dining room to one of our wedding songs. Was nice to inject a little spontaneous fun to the day. About this time, can I tell you that I was one happy chic! What a great day; it may be raining outside but hanging with the zoo and baking makes me one happy girl. Add in having John home to cook for and dance with; hey, that is just an added bonus!
So I'm going to sign off here for today and grill some of John's "famous" steaks and have a nice relaxing evening at home. I hope that wherever you are, you are dry, safe and enjoying a good recipe with friends and family. May God bless our troops and their families for their sacrifices for the freedoms I have enjoyed today. GN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog