Thursday, May 26, 2011

Contests

So I decided to sharpen my skills by doing some cooking contests this year. Right now I am competing in the Real Women of Philadelphia dessert phase and am getting ready to video my entry. I was very bummed because I couldn't make my triple Chocolate Cheesecake. (It all has to be done in one hour, so that limits doing a traditional cheesecake, let alone a complicated one!) So I have created a mini version of a swirled chocolate that my husband likes. (I'll post video as soon as it is done!) I am also competing in the Nestle Pie Contest this month as well as an essay contest for Real Simple magazine. It would be fun to actually win something but even the process of getting ready for the contest is a learning process, so even if I don't place I will have gained some new perspective. Have you competed in a cooking contest before? What were your results? Did you compete again? Tell me more! (I have a list of about 70 different contests should someone want the schedule for this year.) Well, I am off to organize my morning coupon haul in my binder and water my gardens! Hope your day is full of sunshine and surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog