Sunday, June 5, 2011

For The Coupon Exchange Partners

A little CONSIDERATION, a little THOUGHT for others, makes all the difference. ~ Winnie The Pooh

Carry out a random act of KINDNESS, with no expectations of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you. ~ Princess of Wales, Diana

All DREAMS can come true if we have courage to pursue them. ~Walt Disney

Tonight I write this blog with a heavy heart... I had hoped with everything I am that this coupon exchange would benefit many others around the globe, create new friendships, and assist everyone in their savings goals.
I thought that I could spend my own time, resources, and efforts creating a unique group that everyone would want to participate in and reap the rewards of, watching the exchange coupons make a full circle from ALL of our labors. Unfortunately several members have joined and put forth very little efforts for their "buddy" and ultimately the exchange. Some of this is to be expected, but after trying to assist many people who have yet to receive any coupons, (know that I didn't even have a buddy until last week; so that all of you could reap the rewards first so I cut, printed and bought many extra coupons to send out to people within the exchange hoping to get them circulated. I too, have yet to receive any other than what Marlene has been kind enough to save for me) I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what the best form of action should be?
Each of us has a busy life with families, careers, homes, and events happening with or without this exchange. It is understandable when someone gets so busy that they couldn't mail out a packet of coupons at least once in awhile, but to continue to receive coupons from their buddy without the thought of their own obligation to the exchange, is not what I had envisioned when I created it.
Unfortunately, I have very little control over the amount of coupons, quality of coupons, and even if your exchange buddy is cutting out/printing coupons that they are willing to pass on and not waste.  I tried very hard to match people up from different regions so as to receive diverse coupons that each would benefit from. I tried very hard to give you all resources to help you build your coupon base and teach you principals of couponing so that you will become a more savvy consumer. I've tried to ask for this group to be something bigger than just mailing coupons out each week and actually use it for good in our respective communities. 
All of the hard work, asking you all to please, "do unto others as you would want" has been in vain if full participation is not expected. At this juncture, I ask myself what is the best course of action? How do I remedy the problems? I am coming to each of you and again asking you ALL to think about others who are also involved in this group, (to accomplish maximum savings) as you were when you joined. This group is a voluntary group based on faith. I have very little control over someone else's actions or rather inaction's.
I hope that after reading this, it will put things in a better perspective for everyone. We all want to ultimately save; maybe someone is not real sure yet just where to find coupons, maybe they don't understand fully the exchanges function, or just simply hasn't had the time to cut them out and send them off yet? I've asked each of you to please stay in contact with your buddy; I've asked that you find out what their needs are so you can assist them in building their stockpiles, I've created the FB coupon exchange page so that everyone gets a chance to post something for the benefit of the group, and I've posted everyone involved in the exchange on my blog so that all info is out there for you to do with what you need. Short of cutting coupons for everyone who has said they would participate in the exchange, I am not sure what to do.
Yes, couponing takes time, energy and efforts, but the rewards are so HUGE. I have seen the good couponing can do, not only for your own family, but charity as well. I love knowing that when I go to the store with my coupon binder right now, I have a pantry that my family can live off of for at least 6 months, (at this moment) should something happen and I can focus on my community and charities I believe in. I love knowing that I am making my families lives better, while having touched other people's lives with couponing so they too can be a better consumer.
Should you desire to remain active in this group and reap the rewards, please contact me. Should you not contact me, I will consider your silence as you not wanting to participate any longer. (No hard feelings.) I hope that each of you take away something from this exchange to enhance your already full lives! God bless you all!
Julie Ann

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for all your efforts Julie Ann! I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad! Thank you for your efforts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in, but all of mine are expired, so I guess I get to be in if others in my area are in. :) Thanks for the update and for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget to adopt a military family off of the list for sending expireds to! They really appreciate it! Glad we are moving forward with the exchange!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog